The New York Times reported that "South Sudan is in many ways an American creation, carved out of war-torn Sudan in a referendum largely orchestrated by the United States, its fragile institutions nurtured with billions of dollars in American aid."
- The president is Salva Kiir Mayardit (above with Secretary of State John Kerry).
- While the Nile runs through the country, it is landlocked.
- Poverty is widespread.
- Running water is scarce.
- 98%of government revenues come from oil.
- Inflation rate is 79%.
- Is a member of the United Nations.
- Population of 8 million.
- Child marriage rate is 52%.
- 9,000 child soldiers are involved in the civil war.
- The official language is English.
- In some sections, there is one doctor for 500,000 people.
- More than 90% live on less than $1/day.
- Manute Bol, a Dinka, at 7'7", was the tallest player in the NBA. His mother was 6'10" and father 6'8". Here with Muggsy Bogues:
Thousands of miles east is Tropical Cyclone Ikola, which could reach Category 3 strength, but is projected to weaken before possibly making landfall near Perth, Australia:
* Here are my missing Google domains:
|Country||Last New Visitor|
|1.||British Indian Ocean Territory||0||Never|
|2.||Central African Republic||0||Never|
|17.||Saint Pierre and Miquelon||0||Never|
|18.||Sao Tome and Principe||0||Never|
|25.||Wallis and Futuna||0||Never|
Please ask any contacts you might have in these domains to visit this blog site.