Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 23, 2014

GIANT WAVES, JUST ANOTHER SUNSET and 15 CRAIGIDE

Yesterday, my posting promised 50 foot waves on the North Shore of Oahu.  Well, the Star-Advertiser reported at least one 60 footer, while that helicopter in the first photo yesterday said it must have been up to 70 feet.  Of course, if you did not see my blog yesterday, featured are two 100-foot waves being surfed.

At the end of the day, I watched the sunset with a Reserve Bas-Armagnac and crystal encased, cognac infused, Ghurka:


I'm enjoying my Sunset December Song, for my move to 15 Craigside is getting closer.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average took another dive today, and will end the day the lowest it's been for five weeks.  The total sum I took out of the market a month ago was invested into my 15 Craigside unit, which on January 1 would have cost me $80,000 more, and I just wrote the check to them last week as I was negotiating for the latest possible move-in date.  That's already quite an investment "profit."  More ominous for future senior living seekers in the state, there is now a waiting list here.  When I first reserved my apartment, eight were left.  Kahala Nui, it is reported, has a waiting list of 250, and One Kalakaua also is overbooked.  No new developments of this type are currently scheduled in Hawaii.  (This photo of 15 Craigside below is from my floor of my current Craigside condo.  My new home can be seen here on the top floor.  The building is surrounded by a Buddhist temple and graveyards--so appropriate--but I can't see any of them from my apartment.)


-

1 comment:

Jackson said...

Hey, what is your opinion for best penthouse nyc venue? I have booked this venue for my personal 1st anniversary celebration. I am very excited for the day.