Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

GOODBYE HAWAII, ON TO NARITA, AND HELLO BANGKOK

This is a strange blog day, for I leave Honolulu at Noon on Tuesday, March 2, arrive in Narita at 5PM their time on Wednesday, March 3, and finally land in Bangkok at just after midnight on Thursday, March 4.  Thus, my next posting could be on that date, unless I keep using my Hawaii time.  All in all, pretty confusing.  Here is my greeting just before landing at Narita in Tokyo.



How's this for a fine snack at the United First Class Lounge in Narita:


Maguro and hamachi sushi, edamame, cream of mushroom soup and soba, with some Yamazaki single malt.

Anyway, I'm on to Bangkok, will catch the Eastern Oriental Express to Singapore, then on to Tokyo, Beijing, Seoul, back to Tokyo, then Shinkansen to the Cherry Blossoms throughout Japan.  I will stop by the River Kwai Bridge that Colonel Nicholson, played by Alec Guinness, tried to protect.  The Colonel Bogey March was the theme song, but real Colonel Bogey had nothing to do with the movie or plot.

No comments: